- 1 Lebanese cucumber, cut into thin strips
- 3 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups spinach, blanched, excess liquid removed
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 1/4 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 65g (1 cup) bean sprouts, blanched, excess liquid removed
- 440g (2 cups) Sun Rice Sushi Rice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 carrots, peeled, cut into matchsticks
- 300g lean beef mince
- 4 eggs
- Chilli sauce, to serve
- Miso soup, to serve
- Step 1Place the cucumber and 1 teaspoon salt in a bowl. Add cold water to cover. Set aside for 20 minutes or until the cucumber softens slightly. Rinse and drain.
- Step 2Combine the spinach, 2 teaspoons sesame oil, 1 teaspoon sesame seeds and 1 teaspoon of remaining salt in a bowl. Combine the bean sprouts and remaining sesame oil, sesame seeds and salt in a bowl.
- Step 3Cook the rice following packet directions. Cover to keep warm.
- Step 4Meanwhile, heat half the vegetable oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Cook the carrot, stirring, for 2-3 minutes or until just tender. Use a slotted spoon to transfer to a bowl. Add the mince to the pan. Cook, stirring to break up any lumps, for 10 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a bowl and cover with foil to keep warm. Wipe the pan clean with paper towel.
- Step 5Heat remaining vegetable oil in the pan over medium heat. Crack the eggs into the pan and cook for 3 minutes or until cooked to your liking.
- Step 6Divide the rice among serving bowls and arrange the mince and vegetables on top. Top with eggs. Serve with chilli sauce and miso soup.
- High fibre
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Jody Vassallo
- Image credit: Ben Dearnley
- Publication: Australian Good Taste