- 375g dried spaghetti (see note)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 200g thick shortcut bacon rashers, halved lengthways, sliced (see note)
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 cup dry white wine (optional)
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup thickened cream
- 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan
- Extra finely grated parmesan, to serve
- Step 1Cook pasta in a saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet directions until tender. Drain. Return to saucepan.
- Step 2Meanwhile, heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add bacon. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until golden. Add garlic. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add wine, if using. Simmer for 1 to 2 minutes or until almost evaporated.
- Step 3Whisk eggs, yolks, cream and parmesan together in a bowl. Season. Add bacon and egg mixtures to pasta in saucepan. Cook, tossing over low heat, for 1 minute until pasta is covered in a creamy, thickened sauce. Serve topped with extra parmesan.
- Low carb
- Low sugar
Cook’s notes: You could use fettuccine instead of spaghetti. You could also use 200g thinly sliced pancetta, chopped, instead of bacon.
- Author: Claire Brookman
- Image credit: Craig Wall
- Publication: Super Food Ideas