- 500g beef rump steak, fat trimmed, cut into 3cm cubes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 brown onion, cut into wedges
- 1 large yellow capsicum, quartered, deseeded, thinly sliced
- 150g snow peas, thinly sliced lengthways
- 1/3 cup char siu sauce
- 2 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 450g microwave jasmine rice, prepared according to packet instructions, to serve
- Salted cashews, roughly chopped, to serve
- Step 1Heat a wok or frying pan over a high heat. When hot, add 2 tsp oil and swirl around wok. Stir fry half the beef for 2-3 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining oil and beef.
- Step 2Add onion to wok and stir fry for 2 minutes or until softened. Add capsicum and snow peas. Stir fry for 2 minutes or until just tender. Return beef to wok with char siu sauce and vinegar. Toss until well combined. Serve stir fry with rice and sprinkle with cashews.
- Publication: Australian Beef