- 1kg Desiree potatoes, cut into 2.5cm pieces (see note)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 (about 125g each) beef scotch fillet steaks
- 2 bunches broccolini, ends trimmed
- 1 x 165g pkt Gravox Gourmet Roast Beef with Shiraz liquid gravy
- Step 1Preheat oven to 220°C. Line a large baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Place the potato and 1 tablespoon of oil in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Place, in a single layer, on the lined tray. Roast in oven, turning once, for 25-30 minutes or until golden.
- Step 2Meanwhile, preheat a barbecue grill or chargrill on medium-high. Brush both sides of the steaks with remaining oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 2 1/2 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil to rest.
- Step 3Place the broccolini in a steamer over a saucepan of simmering water. Cover and cook for 3-4 minutes or until bright green and tender crisp. Heat the gravy following packet directions.
- Step 4Divide the steak, potato and broccolini among serving plates. Pour the sauce over the steak to serve.
- Low carb
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
If Desiree potatoes are unavailable, use Royal Blue potatoes. Cook’s tip: Make sure the base of the steamer doesnâ€™t touch the water in step 3. If it does, the broccolini will boil, not steam. Budget tip: Replace the beef with 2 single chicken breast fillets, halved horizontally.
- Author: Alison Roberts
- Image credit: Ben Dearnley
- Publication: Australian Good Taste