- 2 tablespoons peanut oil (see note)
- 400g beef rump steak, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup sweet chilli sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt reduced soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 onion, cut into wedges
- 1 small red capsicum, sliced
- 1 long red chilli, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup basil leaves
- Step 1Heat half the oil in a wok or large non-stick frying pan until hot.
- Step 2Add the meat and stir fry in batches until browned and almost cooked through.
- Step 3Remove and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Step 4Combine the sweet chilli sauce, soy and fish sauce and set aside.
- Step 5Heat the remaining oil. Add the onion and capsicum and stir fry for 2-3 minutes until just tender.
- Step 6Add the red chilli and cook for 1 minute.
- Step 7Return the meat to the pan, along with the sweet chilli sauce mixture. Cook for 1-2 minutes until sauce is warmed through.
- Step 8Remove from heat, toss through the basil leaves and serve immediately.
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
If peanut oil is unsuitable because of allergies, use canola oil or a vegetable oil. Remember when cooking stir-fries to chop and slice your ingredients first and keep them about the same size so they cook evenly.
- Author: Kate Murdoch
- Image credit: Oliver Ford
- Publication: Taste.com.au