- 500ml Massel beef stock
- 2 tablespoons thick soya sauce (Ayam brand)
- 1 x 190g can water chestnuts (Trident brand), drained
- 220g thin egg-style noodles (Wokka brand)
- 4 green shallots, ends trimmed, cut lengthways into thin strips
- 1 x 190g can bean sprouts, drained
- 100g snow peas, ends trimmed, halved lengthways
- 1/4 Chinese cabbage, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 350g beef scotch fillet steak, thinly sliced across the grain
- Step 1Combine the stock and 1 tablespoon of the soy sauce in a wok and bring to the boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium. Add the water chestnuts and noodles and simmer, uncovered, for 2-3 minutes or until hot.
- Step 2Add the green shallot, bean sprouts, snow peas and cabbage. Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Use tongs to divide vegetables and noodles among serving bowls.
- Step 3Add the beef to the stock mixture and cook for 1-2 minutes or until beef is tender. Use tongs to divide beef among serving bowls. Ladle over the beef stock and drizzle with the remaining soy sauce. Serve immediately.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Jane Charlton
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Australian Good Taste