- 250g fettuccine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 600g beef rump steak, thinly sliced
- 20g butter
- 1 large brown onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 200g button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup Massel beef stock
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- Step 1Cook fettuccine in a saucepan of boiling, salted water following packet directions, until tender. Drain.
- Step 2Meanwhile, heat oil in a large, deep frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook beef, in batches, for 2 to 3 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a bowl. Melt butter in pan. Add onion and garlic to pan. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add mushrooms. Cook for 5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- Step 3Add paprika. Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add sour cream and stock. Cook, stirring, over low heat for 2 minutes or until combined. Return beef to pan. Stir to combine. Stir in lemon juice.
- Step 4Divide pasta between bowls. Spoon over stroganoff mixture. Sprinkle with chives. Serve.
- Low carb
- Low sodium
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
Want to add some greens? Serve stroganoff with steamed broccoli florets, green beans or asparagus spears.
- Author: Kirrily La Rosa
- Image credit: Jeremy Simons
- Publication: Super Food Ideas