- 600g chat potatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 500g beef fillet steaks, cut into 2cm-thick strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large brown onions, halved, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 cups Massel beef stock
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 200g button mushrooms, halved
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 25g butter
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Step 1Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil over high heat. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender. Drain. Allow to cool. Cut in half.
- Step 2Meanwhile, place flour in a snap-lock bag. Season with salt and pepper. Add beef strips. Seal bag and shake to coat. Remove beef. Place in a bowl.
- Step 3Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large, deep frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook onion and garlic for 4 to 5 minutes or until soft. Transfer to a plate.
- Step 4Add remaining oil and beef to pan. Cook for 5 minutes or until browned. Return onion and garlic to pan. Add stock. Bring to the boil. Add tomato paste, paprika and mustard. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer, uncovered, stirring, for 10 minutes. Add mushroom and simmer for a further 10 minutes. Stir in sour cream and parsley. Cook for 1 minute or until heated through.
- Step 5Meanwhile, melt butter in a frying pan over medium heat. Add potato. Saute for 10 minutes or until golden. Serve stroganoff with crispy potatoes and lemon.
- Low carb
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Hugo Walcott (reader recipe)
- Image credit: Ben Dearnley
- Publication: Super Food Ideas