- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 600g lean beef mince
- 250ml Fountain Satay Sauce
- 1 medium carrot, peeled, grated
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 8 iceberg lettuce leaves, trimmed (see tip)
- Steamed jasmine rice, to serve
- Step 1Heat oil in a wok over medium-high heat. Add mince. Stir-fry for 3 to 4 minutes or until browned. Add sauce. Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until thickened.
- Step 2Add carrot and onion. Stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes or until carrot is tender. Spoon into lettuce leaves. Serve with rice.
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Lower gi
Budget tip: Use regular beef mince and save around $2.40 in total. Drain excess fat from pan before adding sauce.
Tip: For crisp lettuce leaves, place in a bowl of iced water for 10 minutes. Pat dry.
Variations: Use chicken mince instead of beef. Add 125g can drained corn kernels with the carrot.
- Author: Jenny Fanshaw
- Image credit: Amanda McLauchlan
- Publication: Super Food Ideas