- 300g dried rigatoni pasta
- leftover Slow cooker beef with reserved sauce, shredded (see related recipe)
- 680g jar tomato passata sauce
- 2/3 cup shaved pecorino cheese
- shredded basil leaves, to serve
- Step 1Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet directions, until just tender. Drain.
- Step 2Meanwhile, place beef and sauces in a saucepan. Stir. Bring to boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until thickened.
- Step 3Add pasta. Top with cheese and basil.
- Low carb
Pecorino is a sharp-flavoured cheese made from sheep’s milk – you could use parmesan instead.
To freeze: Make step 1 of the Beef ragu with rigatoni. Cool. Transfer to a large snap-lock bag or airtight container. Freeze. Thaw in fridge overnight. Place thawed pasta in a large heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 2 minutes. Drain. Continue with step 2.
- Author: Emma Braz
- Image credit: Andrew Young
- Publication: Super Food Ideas