- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 500g beef mince
- 35g sachet taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup thick and chunky salsa
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 125g can kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 2 small avocados
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 8 flour tortillas
- 1 cup grated reduced-fat tasty cheese
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Step 1Heat oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add mince. Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up mince, for 6 to 8 minutes or until browned and cooked through. Stir in seasoning, salsa, onion and beans.
- Step 2Meanwhile, mash avocado and lemon juice together in a bowl. Set aside.
- Step 3Place 1 tortilla on a flat surface. Spread with one quarter mince mixture. Top with 1/4 cup cheese. Top with 1 tortilla. Repeat with remaining tortillas, mince mixture and cheese.
- Step 4Spray a frying pan with oil. Heat over medium heat. Place 1 quesadilla in pan. Spray top with oil. Cook, pressing down lightly with a spatula, for 1 to 2 minutes or until base is golden. Place a plate over frying pan and turn quesadilla over. Slide quesadilla, uncooked side down, into pan. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a plate. Cover to keep warm. Repeat with remaining tortillas, mince mixture and cheese.
- Step 5Cut quesadillas into wedges. Serve with avocado smash and lemon wedges.
- Low carb
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
To freeze, place uncooked quesadillas between layers of Go-Between. Place in an airtight container. Freeze. Thaw in fridge overnight.
- Author: Liz Macri
- Image credit: Ben Dearnley
- Publication: Super Food Ideas