- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 750g minced beef
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, trimmed, peeled, grated
- 1 celery stick, finely chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup Massel beef stock
- 750g potatoes, peeled, chopped
- 650g butternut pumpkin, peeled, deseeded, diced
- 90g butter
- Step 1Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a saucepan over high heat. Add mince. Cook, stirring, for 10 minutes or until browned. Remove mince to a plate.
- Step 2Reduce heat to medium. Add remaining 2 tablespoons of oil to saucepan. Add onion, carrots, celery, bay leaf, and salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes.
- Step 3Stir in paste, sauce, stock and mince. Bring to the boil. Cover. Simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes. Remove bay leaf. Spoon into 4 x 2-cup capacity ovenproof dishes. Place onto an oven tray.
- Step 4Preheat oven to 180°C. Cook potatoes and pumpkin in a saucepan of boiling salted water for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain. Return to saucepan over low heat, shaking saucepan for 1 minute or until any remaining water evaporates. Remove from heat. Add 60g butter, and salt and pepper. Mash.
- Step 5Spread mash over mince mixture. Dot with remaining 30g of butter. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden. Serve.
- Low carb
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Louise Pickford
- Image credit: Louise Lister
- Publication: Super Food Ideas