- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 600g lean beef mince
- 737g bottle tomato pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 250g packet dried lasagne pasta sheets
- 2 cups thickened cream
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Step 1Heat oil in a heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until onion is tender. Add mince. Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up mince, for 8 minutes or until browned. Add sauce, wine and sugar. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, uncovered, for 40 minutes or until sauce has thickened. Remove from heat.
- Step 2Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Lightly grease a 7cm-deep, 25cm (base) square baking dish. Spoon 1/2 cup mince mixture over base of dish. Arrange one quarter of pasta sheets over meat mixture, breaking sheets to fit. Spoon one-third of the remaining mince mixture over pasta. Drizzle with one-quarter of the cream. Sprinkle with one-quarter of the cheddar cheese. Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining pasta sheets, cream and cheddar cheese. Sprinkle with parmesan. Cover loosely with foil.
- Step 3Bake for 45 minutes. Remove foil. Bake for 15 minutes or until pasta is tender and cheese golden. Stand for 10 minutes before serving.
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Reader recipe
- Image credit: Rob Palmer
- Publication: Super Food Ideas