- 500g beef mince
- 1/2 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh coriander leaves
- Alfa One rice bran oil spray
- 1/2 cup plain yoghurt
- 2 teaspoons mango chutney
Tomato and mint quinoa salad
- 1 cup quinoa
- 3 cups Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, seeded, chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 50g baby spinach
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Step 1Place mince, onion, garlic and coriander in a large bowl. Mix well. Using 1/4 cup mixture at a time, divide mixture into 12 portions. Roll each portion into 8cm-long sausages.
- Step 2Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Spray koftas with oil. Cook in batches, turning occasionally, for 8 minutes or until browned and cooked through.
- Step 3Meanwhile, make Tomato and mint salad: Combine quinoa and stock in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain excess liquid. Combine quinoa, onion, tomato, mint, parsley, spinach and lemon rind in a large bowl. Drizzle with oil and lemon juice. Season. Toss gently to combine.
- Step 4Combine yoghurt, chutney and 2 teaspoons cold water in a bowl. Stir to combine. Serve koftas with salad and drizzle with yoghurt mixture.
- Low carb
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Emma Braz
- Image credit: Jeremy Simons & Andrew Young
- Publication: Super Food Ideas