- 500g lean beef mince
- 1 small brown onion, grated
- 1 cup (70g) fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh continental parsley
- 1 egg
- Salt & freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 slices cheddar cheese
- 6 bacon rashers rindless short cut
- 6 eggs
- 6 hamburger buns, halved, toasted
- Lettuce leaves, to serve
- Beetroot slices, to serve
- Sliced tomato, to serve
- Step 1Preheat oven to 160°C. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Place the beef mince, onion, breadcrumbs, parsley, egg, salt and pepper in a bowl. Use clean hands to mix until well combined. Shape the mixture into 6 patties.
- Step 2Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large nonstick frying pan over a medium heat. Add the patties and cook for 4-5 minutes each side until cooked through. Transfer to the lined tray and top each patty with a slice of cheese. Place the patties in the oven for 4-5 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- Step 3Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in the pan over a medium heat. Add the bacon and cook for 3-4 minutes or until crispy. Drain on paper towel. Crack the eggs into the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes until bases are crisp.
- Step 4Toast the buns and top the bases with the lettuce, beetroot, tomato, bacon, beef patties and egg. Place on the bun tops and serve.
- Low carb
- Low sugar
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Alison Roberts
- Image credit: Sue Ferris & Luke Burgess
- Publication: Fresh Living