- 4 eggs
- 4 (150g each) beef scotch fillet steaks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 bunches asparagus, woody ends trimmed
- 80g (2 cups) baby rocket leaves
- 60g shaved parmesan
- 60g (1/4 cup) bought pesto dip
- 60ml (1/4 cup) extra virgin olive oil
- Step 1Pace the eggs in a small saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 4 minutes. Refresh under cold water. peel the eggs.
- Step 2Meanwhile, season the steaks with salt and pepper and brush with olive oil. heat a frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the steaks for 3-4 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. cover with foil and set aside to rest.
- Step 3Bring a frying pan of water to the boil. Add the asparagus and cook for 3 minutes or until bright green and tender crisp. Refresh under cold water and drain.
- Step 4Thinly slice the beef. Arrange the beef and asparagus among serving plates. Top with the rocket. Top each with an egg and gently break in half. Sprinkle with parmesan. Whisk the pesto and extra virgin olive oil in a jug. Drizzle over the salad and season with freshly ground black pepper.
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Michelle Noerianto
- Image credit: Steve Brown
- Publication: Australian Good Taste