- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small brown onion, finely diced
- 350g lean beef mince
- 420g can Heinz Condensed Minestrone Soup
- 4 sheets frozen puff pastry, partially thawed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- salad greens, to serve
- Step 1Heat oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until soft. Add mince. Cook, breaking up mince with a wooden spoon, for 5 to 6 minutes or until browned. Remove from heat. Allow to cool completely. Add soup and stir until well combined.
- Step 2Preheat oven to 200°C. Line 2 large baking trays with baking paper. Cut 1 pastry sheet into 4 squares. Place 2 tablespoons of mince mixture into the centre of each square. Fold pastry over filling to form a triangle. Press pastry edges together with a fork to seal. Repeat with the remaining pastry squares and mince mixture.
- Step 3Place triangles on prepared trays. Brush triangles with egg. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden and puffed. Serve with salad greens.
- Author: Dixie Elliott
- Image credit: Ben Dearnley
- Publication: Super Food Ideas