- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 800g beef chuck steak, trimmed, cubed
- 2 large carrots, peeled, roughly chopped
- 2 celery stalks, roughly chopped
- 1 large zucchini, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup red wine
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 x 410g cans diced tomatoes
- 2 cups Massel beef stock
- Mashed potato, to serve
- Fresh basil leaves, to serve
- Step 1Heat oil in pressure cooker over high heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 4 minutes or until onion has softened. Add garlic. Cook for 1 minute. Add beef. Cook for 5 minutes or until browned.
- Step 2Add carrot, celery and zucchini. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes. Add wine. Bring to the boil. Add flour. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add tomato paste, tomato and beef stock. Bring to the boil. Cover and lock lid. Once pressure is reached, reduce heat to low. Cook for 35 minutes.
- Step 3Turn off heat. Carefully release pressure. Unlock lid. Serve stew with mash and basil.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Lower gi
Always follow pressure cooker manufacturer’s instructions.
- Author: Kim Coverdale
- Image credit: Steve Brown
- Publication: Super Food Ideas