- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large brown onion, halved, finely chopped
- 500g lean beef mince
- 125ml (1/2 cup) tomato sauce
- 60ml (1/4 cup) Worcestershire sauce
- 560ml (2 1/4 cups) boiling water
- 1 x 115g pkt instant mashed potato with onion (Continental brand)
- 25g reduced-fat dairy spread (Devondale brand)
- 300g (2 cups) frozen baby peas, thawed
- Step 1Preheat oven to 220°C. Heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add mince and cook, stirring to break up lumps, for 3 minutes or until it changes colour. Add tomato sauce, Worcestershire and 60ml (1/4 cup) of the water and cook for 5 minutes or until sauce thickens. Divide among four 300ml ovenproof dishes.
- Step 2Place instant mashed potato and half the dairy spread in a bowl. Pour in remaining boiling water and stir until mixture thickens. Spread over mince. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Step 3Meanwhile, cook peas in a saucepan of boiling water for 4 minutes. Drain. Return to pan with remaining dairy spread and lightly mash. To serve, spoon mashed peas over the top of each pie.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Jane Charlton
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Australian Good Taste