- olive oil cooking spray
- 2 slices soy and linseed bread
- 2 small red onions
- 2 carrots, peeled, trimmed
- 450g extra-lean beef mince
- 400g can lentils, drained, rinsed
- 1 eggwhite, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup Massel beef stock
- 100g mixed baby salad leaves
- 1/3 cup Baxters Tomato Chutney with Red Pepper, warmed
- Step 1Preheat oven to 180°C. Spray a 5cmdeep, 20cm (base) square ovenproof dish with oil. Place bread in a food processor. Process to fine crumbs.
- Step 2Finely chop 1 onion and 1 carrot and place in a large bowl. Add mince, 3/4 cup of lentils, eggwhite and stock. Mix until well combined. Press mixture firmly into prepared dish. Bake for 30 minutes or until cooked through.
- Step 3Preheat a grill on high heat. Place slice under grill for 5 minutes or until browned.
- Step 4Meanwhile, thinly slice remaining onion. Peel remaining carrot into long, wide ribbons. Place in a bowl. Add salad leaves and remaining lentils. Toss to combine.
- Step 5Cut slice into four pieces. Divide between plates. Top with salad and dollop of chutney.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Veronica Cuskelly
- Image credit: Louise Lister
- Publication: Super Food Ideas