- 1 x 250g pkt dried thin rice noodles
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 500g lean beef strips
- 1 brown onion, halved, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh lemon grass
- 2 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 200g green beans, topped, coarsely chopped
- 60ml (1/4 cup) sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Step 1Place the noodles in a heatproof bowl and cover with plenty of boiling water. Set aside for 5 minutes or until noodles are tender. Drain well.
- Step 2Heat oil in a wok over high heat. Add one-third of the beef and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until brown. Transfer to a heatproof bowl. Repeat, in 2 more batches, with the remaining beef.
- Step 3Add the onion, lemon grass and ginger to the wok and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until onion softens. Return beef to the wok with the beans and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the noodles, sweet chilli sauce, fish sauce and lime juice and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Divide the noodles among serving bowls and serve with lime wedges.
- Low fat
- Low kilojoule
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Emma Braz
- Image credit: Steve Brown
- Publication: Australian Good Taste