- 1/3 cup Ayam black bean sauce
- 2 tablespoons shao hsing (Chinese cooking wine)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 500g beef rump steak, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 brown onion, cut into thin wedges
- 200g snow peas, trimmed
- 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- steamed jasmine rice, to serve
- Step 1Combine black bean sauce, shao hsing wine and garlic in a bowl. Place beef in a glass or ceramic bowl. Add half the sauce mixture. Stir to coat. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1 hour, if time permits.
- Step 2Heat a wok over high heat. Add half the oil. Swirl to coat. Stir-fry beef, in batches, for 2 to 3 minutes or until just cooked. Transfer to a bowl. Wipe wok clean with paper towel.
- Step 3Add remaining oil to wok over high heat. Swirl to coat. Add onion. Stir-fry for 1 minute or until onion has softened. Add snow peas and capsicum. Stir-fry for 2 minutes or until tender. Return beef to wok. Add remaining sauce mixture. Stir-fry for 1 minute or until heated through. Serve with rice.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
Tip: You could replace beef with 500g sliced pork leg, lamb leg steaks or 500g mixed mushrooms.
- Author: Claire Brookman
- Image credit: Cath Muscat
- Publication: Super Food Ideas