- 1/3 cup oyster sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 500g beef rump steak, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 150g green beans, trimmed, halved
- 150g cup mushrooms, sliced
- steamed jasmine rice, to serve
- Step 1Combine oyster sauce, garlic and ginger in a jug. Place beef in a shallow glass or ceramic dish. Add half the sauce mixture. Stir to coat. Reserve remaining sauce mixture.
- Step 2Heat a wok over high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of oil and swirl to coat. Add half the beef. Stir-fry for 1 minute or until sealed. Remove to a plate. Repeat with 1 tablespoon of oil and remaining beef.
- Step 3Add remaining oil to wok. Add onion. Stir-fry for 1 minute. Add capsicum, beans and mushrooms. Stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes or until beans are just tender. Return beef and juices to wok. Add reserved sauce mixture. Stirfry for 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through. Serve with rice.
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Claire Brookman
- Image credit: Steve Brown
- Publication: Super Food Ideas