- 1 x 420g can red kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 125ml (1/2 cup) bought mild salsa
- 1 avocado, halved, stone removed, peeled
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 x 230g pkt corn chips
- 1 tomato, coarsely chopped
- 40g (1/2 cup) coarsely grated reduced-fat tasty cheddar
- 125g (1/2 cup) reduced-fat sour cream
- Step 1Combine the kidney beans and salsa in a medium bowl.
- Step 2Use a fork to mash the avocado in a small bowl. Stir in the lime juice.
- Step 3Divide the corn chips among serving plates. Top with the bean mixture, avocado mixture, tomato and cheddar. Serve with the sour cream.
For a lighter version, replace the corn chips with Lebanese bread, split, coarsely torn. Spray with olive oil spray and bake in a preheated 200°C oven for 4-5 minutes.
- Author: Emma Braz
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Australian Good Taste