- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 thick beef sausages
- 1 large brown onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 140g tub tomato paste
- 400g can butter beans, drained, rinsed
- 100g pitted kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, chopped
- Step 1Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Cook sausages for 8 minutes, turning, or until browned. Set aside.
- Step 2Add onion and garlic to frying pan. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until soft.
- Step 3Add sausages, tomatoes, paste, beans and olives to frying pan. Cover. Cook for 20 minutes or until cooked through. Stir through basil. Season. Transfer to a heatproof casserole dish, if desired. Serve.
- High fibre
- Low carb
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Image credit: Ben Dearnley
- Publication: Super Food Ideas