- 400g can red kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 160g (2 cups) coarsely grated cheddar
- 3/4 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 3 shallots, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 8 flour tortillas
- 2 avocados, halved, stone removed, peeled, mashed
- 2 ripe tomatoes, chopped
- Step 1Combine the beans, cheddar, coriander and shallot in a bowl.
- Step 2Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Place 1 tortilla in the pan. Top with one-quarter of the bean mixture. Cook for 1 minute or until golden underneath. Place another tortilla on top to make a stack. Use an egg lifter to carefully turn over. Cook for 1 minute or until golden. Transfer the quesadilla to a serving plate. Repeat with the remaining tortillas and bean mixture.
- Step 3Cut the quesadillas into wedges. Top with avocado and tomato.
- High fibre
- Low carb
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Michelle Southan
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Australian Good Taste