- 8 lamb cutlets, Frenched
- 8 good-quality thin beef sausages
- 500ml barbecue sauce
- 1-2 onions, peeled, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 8 long bread rolls, cut lengthways
- Step 1Preheat the barbecue.
- Step 2Place the cutlets and sausages on a large plate, and use a fork to prick them so they don’t split while cooking.
- Step 3Place half the barbecue sauce in a serving dish, cover and set aside. Brush cutlets and sausages with remaining BBQ sauce and place on barbecue grill plate. Cook sausages for 5-10 minutes, turning occasionally to brown them evenly. Cook cutlets for 2-3 minutes each side.
- Step 4Meanwhile, toss the onions in the oil then transfer to the flat plate on the barbecue. Cook until soft and starting to blacken around the edges.
- Step 5Use tongs to help you hold sausages still while you cut them lengthways, not cutting right through. Sprinkle with the mozzarella and barbecue for 1-2 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- Step 6Place onions in each roll, add a cheesy sausage and drizzle with tomato sauce. Serve with chops. Alternatively, serve the sausages straight from the barbecue with the chops and side dish of BBQ sauce.
- Low carb
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Valli Little
- Image credit: Ben Dearnley
- Publication: Taste.com.au