- 375g linguine
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Shaved parmesan cheese, to serve
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Step 1Cook pasta in a saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet directions until tender. Drain. Return to pan.
- Step 2Meanwhile, process basil, pine nuts, garlic and parmesan, scraping down sides occasionally, until almost smooth.
- Step 3With motor running, add oil in a slow, steady stream. Process to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 4Add pesto to pasta. Toss to combine. Serve
- Low sodium
- Low sugar
Serve with salad leaves and crusty bread.
- Author: Claire Brookman
- Image credit: Ben Dearnley
- Publication: Super Food Ideas