- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup wholemeal plain flour
- 1 3/4 cups plain flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried instant yeast
- Step 1Place oil, salt, flours, yeast and 1 cup warm water in a processor. Process until dough just forms.
- Step 2Turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead for 5 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Place dough in a large, oiled bowl. Cover and set aside in a warm place for 45 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Step 3Using your fist, punch down centre of dough. Knead for 20 to 30 seconds or until smooth. Roll out to form a 32cm round pizza base, if making traditional pizza (see note).
You can make dough in a bread machine. Refer to manufacturer’s instructions. Some of these pizzas require different pizza base shapes.
- Author: Emma Braz
- Image credit: Steve Brown
- Publication: Super Food Ideas