- 250g Coles Brand Spaghetti
- 1/3 cup Coles Brand Thickened Cream
- 1/2 cup (40g) Mil Lel Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 4 large yolks from Coles Brand Free Range Eggs
- Finely grated zest from 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 140g Coles middle bacon, from the deli, trimmed, diced
- 180g yellow squash, quartered lengthways, thinly sliced crossways
- 180g zucchini, quartered lengthways, thinly sliced crossways
- Step 1Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the spaghetti and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 8 mins or until al dente.
- Step 2Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk the cream, 1/3 cup of the parmesan, egg yolks, and lemon zest to blend. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Step 3Heat a large heavy frying pan over medium heat. Add the oil and bacon and cook for about 5 mins or until the bacon is golden brown. Add the squash and zucchini, and season with salt and pepper. Cook for about 4 mins or until the squash begins to soften. Using a pasta fork, remove the spaghetti from the water and add it to the squash mixture. Reduce heat to low.
- Step 4Whisk 1/4 cup of the pasta water into the cream mixture to blend. Add the cream mixture to the pasta mixture and toss for about 1 min or until the sauce cooks through and coats the pasta thinly (do not boil). Season to taste with salt and pepper. Divide the pasta among dishes. Garnish with remaining parmesan.
- Low carb
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: (N/A)
- Image credit: (N/A)
- Publication: Coles