- 500g pork fillets, cut into 2cm pieces
- 3 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 orange, juiced
- steamed jasmine rice, to serve
- tossed salad, to serve
- You'll need 8 bamboo skewers
- Step 1Soak skewers in cold water for 30 minutes. Place pork into a ceramic dish. Combine ginger, oils, garlic, honey, soy sauce and orange juice in a jug. Whisk with a fork to combine. Pour over pork. Toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours, if time permits.
- Step 2Drain pork, reserving marinade. Thread pork onto skewers. Preheat a barbecue plate on medium-high.
- Step 3Barbecue skewers for 8 minutes, turning and basting with marinade often, or until cooked through.
- Step 4Serve skewers with rice and salad.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Berger Family
- Image credit: Louise Lister
- Publication: Super Food Ideas