- 120g mixed baby Asian salad leaves
- 1 large Lebanese cucumber, peeled, halved, deseeded, thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, peeled, shredded
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons salt-reduced soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 500g barbecued pork (see note), thinly sliced
- Step 1Combine salad leaves, cucumber, carrot and green onions in a large bowl.
- Step 2Whisk hoisin sauce, soy sauce, vinegar and oil in a small bowl until well combined.
- Step 3Arrange salad in serving bowls. Top with pork. Drizzle over dressing and serve.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low fat
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
You could replace the barbecued pork with chargrilled chicken breast fillet, cooked prawns or barbecued calamari. Chinese barbecued pork (also known as char siew) is a long strip of boneless pork that’s marinated then roasted over an open flame. This gives it a dark red, almost charred exterior.
- Author: Jenny Fanshaw
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Super Food Ideas