- 2 limes
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 4 (440g) chicken thigh fillets, trimmed, halved
- 3 vine-ripened tomatoes, cut into thin wedges
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, halved lengthways, sliced
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 4 flour tortillas
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons Mexican chilli powder
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Step 1Finely grate rind from 1 lime. Reserve rind. Juice limes. Combine garlic, 2 tablespoons lime juice and 1/4 cup oil in a shallow ceramic dish. Add chicken. Turn to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 2Combine tomatoes, cucumber, onion and coriander in a bowl. Drizzle with remaining oil and 1 tablespoon lime juice. Toss to combine.
- Step 3Heat a barbecue plate or chargrill on medium-high heat. Add chicken. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes each side or until cooked through.
- Step 4Spray each side of tortillas with oil. Sprinkle with chilli powder. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes each side or until brown and crisp. Cut into wedges. Sprinkle chicken with reserved lime rind. Serve chicken with lime wedges, salad and tortilla wedges.
- Low carb
- Lower gi
Super saver: Use 3 tomatoes instead of vine-ripened and save around $1.62 in total.
- Author: Jenny Fanshaw
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Super Food Ideas