- 750g medium green prawns
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, cut into thin matchsticks
- 1/3 cup Australian blue gum honey
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 250g pineapple, peeled, cored, finely diced
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, quartered, finely diced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup fresh coriander leaves
- Step 1Peel and devein prawns, leaving tails intact. Using a small sharp knife, cut a slit along the back of each prawn, being careful not to cut all the way through. Place prawns in a glass or ceramic bowl. Add garlic, ginger and 1 tablespoon honey. Toss well to coat. Stand for 5 minutes.
- Step 2Meanwhile, place remaining honey and 2 tablespoons cold water in a small pan over medium heat. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Step 3Heat a barbecue or hot plate over medium-high heat. Drizzle with oil. Cook prawns for 2 minutes each side or until charred and prawns are cooked through. Transfer to a bowl. Add sesame seeds and warm honey sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Step 4Combine pineapple, cucumber, green onion and coriander in a bowl. Serve prawns topped with pineapple salad.
- High protein
- Low fat
- Low kilojoule
- Lower gi
Add a little fresh chopped, seeded red chilli to the salad for an extra zing.
- Author: Kim Coverdale & Tracey Meharg
- Image credit: Guy Bailey
- Publication: Super Food Ideas