- 1 x 225g can pineapple pieces in natural juice, strained, juice reserved
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 large red capsicum, halved, deseeded, cut into 2cm pieces
- 4 shallots, ends trimmed, cut into 3cm pieces
- 12 (about 550g) chicken tenderloins, cut into thirds crossways
- Olive oil spray
- Step 1Combine the pineapple juice, tomato sauce, soy sauce and garlic in a bowl. Add chicken and turn to coat. Cover and place in the fridge for 1 hour to marinate.
- Step 2Thread the capsicum, shallot, pineapple and chicken alternately onto skewers. Spray lightly with olive oil spray.
- Step 3Preheat a barbecue flat plate or a large frying pan on medium-high. Cook, turning occasionally, for 10 minutes or until golden. Serve.
Tip: You will need to soak 12 bamboo skewers in cold water for 15 minutes for this recipe. Allow 1 hour marinating time.
Low FODMAP diet tip: Make this a Low FODMAP recipe by omitting shallots and garlic. Instead, add 1 tsp of garlic-infused olive oil to the marinade, and replace shallots with pieces of green capsicum.
- Author: Tracy Rutherford
- Image credit: William Meppem
- Publication: Australian Good Taste