- 12 (about 600g) baby desiree potatoes
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed, cut into 5cm lengths
- 4 bacon rashers, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup (125g) whole-egg mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup (60g) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped tarragon
- 1 country-style barbecue chicken, coarsely shredded
- 4 green onions, trimmed, thinly sliced
- Step 1Place the potatoes in a medium saucepan and cover with plenty of cold water. Place over high heat and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes or until tender. Add the asparagus and cook for a further 1 minute or until bright green and tender crisp. Refresh under cold running water. Drain well.
- Step 2Meanwhile, add the bacon to a medium frying pan over high heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from heat.
- Step 3Combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, mustard and tarragon in a small bowl. Taste and season with salt and pepper and extra lemon juice if necessary.
- Step 4Use the palm of your hand to gently smash the potatoes. Place in a large bowl with the asparagus, bacon, chicken and green onion. Drizzle with mayonnaise mixture. Cover with plastic wrap and keep salad chilled until ready to serve.
- High protein
- Low carb
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Sarah Hobbs
- Image credit: Scott Hawkins
- Publication: Notebook: