- 500g beef rump steak, fat trimmed
- Olive oil spray
- 400g canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 250g ready to eat baby beetroots, cut into wedges (see notes)
- 120g packet salad leaves (baby spinach and beetroot)
- 80g goat cheese
- Olive oil, to serve
- Balsamic vinegar, to serve
- Chopped chives, to serve
- Step 1Pre-heat a lightly oiled barbecue or char-grill pan over medium-high heat. Season rump steak and cook for 6 to 7 minutes or until cooked to your liking. Set aside on a plate covered with foil.
- Step 2Meanwhile, on a large platter combine the chickpeas, beetroots, and baby spinach. Season.
- Step 3Slice steak, place on top of the salad and crumble over goat cheese.
- Step 4Drizzle with a little olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Sprinkle with chives, to serve.
Ready to eat baby beetroots are available in the vegetable section of the supermarket.
- Publication: Australian Beef