- 1.8L ctn Peters Light & Creamy Classic Vanilla ice-cream
- 2 small ripe bananas
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 200g pkt Weight Watchers Milk Chocolate Biscuits
- 1 1/2 tbs rice malt syrup
- 1 1/2 tsp raw cacao powder, sifted
- 2 tbs flaked almonds, toasted
- 10 cherries, to serve
- Step 1Grease a 16 x 26cm (base measurement) slice pan. Line with baking paper, allowing sides to overhang. Place the ice-cream in a large bowl. Set aside for 10 minutes to soften.
- Step 2Meanwhile, place the bananas, lemon juice and vanilla bean paste in a small bowl. Use a fork to mash until almost smooth.
- Step 3Fold through ice-cream. Spread into prepared pan and cover with plastic wrap. Freeze for 8 hours or overnight until firm.
- Step 4Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place 10 biscuits, chocolate side up, on prepared tray. Remove ice-cream from pan and place on a clean chopping board. Working quickly, use a 5cm round cutter to cut 10 discs from ice-cream slab. Place 1 ice-cream disc on each biscuit. Top with another biscuit, chocolate side down, and gently press to seal. Place in the freezer for 4 hours or until firm.
- Step 5Meanwhile, to make chocolate sauce, place rice malt syrup and cacao powder in a bowl. Stir until smooth and combined. 6 Top each ice-cream sandwich with a spoonful of chocolate sauce. Sprinkle with toasted almonds and top with a cherry.
- Low fat
- Low kilojoule
- Low sodium
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Katrina Woodman
- Image credit: Jeremy Simons
- Publication: Taste Magazine