- 4 x 350g baby snapper or bream
- 1 orange
- 2 preserved lemon quarters (see note), white pith and flesh discarded, halved, plus 1 finely chopped quarter
- 2 fennel bulbs, halved
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to brush fish
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed, drained
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced flat-leaf parsley
- Step 1Preheat the oven to 220C. Cut 3 slashes in the thickest part of fish on each side and season cavities with salt and pepper. Finely grate zest of half the orange and place in a salad bowl with the finely chopped preserved lemon. Cut orange into 2 pieces, then thinly slice the unzested half and lay slices in cavity of each fish.
- Step 2Very thinly slice 3 fennel halves and add to salad bowl. Cut remaining fennel into 4 thick slices, then place 1 in each cavity.
- Step 3Rub 1 preserved lemon piece over the surface of 1 fish, then add to fish cavity. Repeat with remaining lemon pieces and fish. Brush fish all over with extra oil and season. Wrap each separately in baking paper, folding edges to enclose. Bake on 2 trays for 15 minutes or until cooked (the flesh will flake away easily).
- Step 4Meanwhile, add olive oil, juice, capers and parsley to the salad bowl, season with salt and pepper, then toss all ingredients together. Serve fish topped with salad.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
From delis and gourmet food shops.
- Author: Olivia Andrews
- Image credit: Steve Brown
- Publication: Taste.com.au