- 95g (1/2 cup) raisins
- 60ml (1/4 cup) marsala
- 31/2 teaspoons low-fat dairy spread
- 100g 50% less fat butternut cookies (Paradise brand)
- 200g light spreadable cream cheese, at room temperature
- 200g sour extra light cream (Pauls brand)
- 80g (1/3 cup) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg, to dust
- Step 1Combine raisins and 1 tablespoon of the marsala in a bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside, stirring occasionally, for 1 hour to macerate. Drain.
- Step 2Preheat oven to 150°C. Grease a 20cm springform pan with 1/2 teaspoon margarine. Place cookies in bowl of food processor, process until finely crushed. Add remaining margarine and process to combine. Transfer to pan and use back of a spoon to press over base. Place in fridge until required.
- Step 3Use electric beater to beat cream cheese, sour cream, sugar and cornflour in medium bowl until creamy. Add egg and beat until combined. Pour into prepared pan and sprinkle with raisins. Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour or until just set in centre. Turn oven off, leave door slightly ajar and leave cheesecake in oven for 4 hours or overnight to cool completely.
- Step 4To serve, use a warm knife to cut the cheesecake into 8 wedges. Dust with the nutmeg. Serve remaining marsala separately to drizzle.
- High protein
- Low sodium
- Lower gi
Prep: 20 mins (+ 1 hour macerating and 4 hours or overnight cooling time) This cheesecake can be made to the end of step 4 up to 1 day ahead. If you would like to serve the cheesecake chilled, allow to cool, then cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge.
- Author: Amanda Kelly
- Image credit: Chris Chen & John Paul Urizar
- Publication: Australian Good Taste