- 4 Golden Delight potatoes, peeled (see note)
- 80ml (1/3 cup) olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dried (packaged) breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon Massel chicken style stock powder
- 4 white fish fillets (fresh or frozen)
- 2 zucchini, quartered lengthways
- 1/2 bunch shallots, ends trimmed, cut into 3cm lengths
- 1 (x 250g) punnet cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon butter, cut into 4 pieces, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Cut each potato into 8 wedges and pat dry with paper towel. Transfer to a large bowl. Add half the oil and toss to coat. Combine the breadcrumbs and stock powder in a bowl. Add to the potato. Toss to coat. Place, in a single layer, on the lined tray. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Step 2Place the fish in a shallow baking dish. Arrange the zucchini, shallot and tomatoes around the fish. Drizzle over the remaining oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake in oven, with the potato, for 15 minutes or until the fish is cooked through and the potato is golden.
- Step 3Divide the fish and zucchini mixture among serving plates. Top the fish with the butter. Drizzle over the lemon juice and any juices from the dish. Serve with the potato wedges and lemon wedges.
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
If Golden Delight potatoes are unavailable, use Sebago or Lady Christl potatoes. Budget tip: Check the fresh seafood counter and the frozen seafood section to find the best-value fish fillets.
With a twist: Baked fish with coconut cream & sweet potato wedges: Omit the butter. Replace potatoes with 1 large sweet potato (kumara). Replace the lemon juice with lime juice. Drizzle a little coconut cream over the fish to serve.
- Author: Kathy Knudsen
- Image credit: Ben Dearnley
- Publication: Australian Good Taste