- 2 (about 550g) desiree potatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large cloves garlic
- 1 large leek
- 250g grape tomatoes
- 100g pitted Sicilian green olives (see note)
- 125ml (1/2 cup) dry white wine
- 4x 200g pieces blue-eye trevalla or snapper, pin-boned, skinned
- 20g butter
- 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley
- Step 1Place a large roasting pan in the oven and preheat to 220C fan-forced. Rinse potatoes, then cut widthwise into 1mm-thick slices and place in a bowl (see notes). Add turmeric, coriander and oil, then season with salt and pepper. Using your hands, toss potatoes to coat in oil and spices, then set aside.
- Step 2Peel garlic, then cut lengthwise into thin slices. Trim leek, then cut on the diagonal into 5mm-thick slices and separate slices into rings. Place half the potatoes in pan, scatter over garlic, leek, tomatoes and olives. Pour in wine, place fish on top and season. Place remaining potatoes, overlapping slightly, over fish, then dot with butter.
- Step 3Reduce oven to 190C fan-forced, then bake for 20 minutes or until fish is just cooked and potatoes are lightly browned. Tear over parsley leaves and serve straight from the pan.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
Cook’s notes: To make things easier, use a mandolin to thinly slice the potatoes. We used Sandhurst Fine Foods Pitted Sicilian Olives, from supermarkets.
- Author: Sophia Young
- Image credit: Jeremy Simons
- Publication: MasterChef