- 300g creme fraiche
- 150g soft goat's cheese, crumbled
- 8 eggs
- 8 vine-ripened cherry tomatoes
- 8 tarragon or dill sprigs
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 20g unsalted butter, plus extra to grease
- 150g gravlax or smoked salmon slices
- Step 1Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Step 2Place creme fraiche and goat’s cheese in a bowl, season and mix until smooth.
- Step 3Divide the mixture among 8 ramekins and crack an egg into each. Place a tomato and a tarragon sprig in each ramekin.
- Step 4Place moulds in a roasting pan and pour enough boiling water into the pan to come halfway up the sides. Bake for 15-20 minutes until yolks are just set.
- Step 5Meanwhile, toast bread, then butter. Arrange gravlax on top, then cut each slice into 3 fingers. Serve with the baked eggs.
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Valli Little
- Image credit: Ian Wallace
- Publication: Taste.com.au