- 8 slices multi-grain bread, crusts removed
- 250g Primo Premium Middle Bacon, rind and fat removed, chopped
- 1 small brown onion, coarsely chopped
- 4 eggwhites, lightly whisked
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated light tasty cheese
- Steamed snow peas, to serve
- Steamed broccoli, to serve
- Steamed carrot, to serve
- Step 1Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly grease a 3cm deep, 22cm (base) flan or quiche dish. Using a rolling pin, roll out bread until flat. Arrange bread over base and sides of dish, overlapping so base is completely covered. Place dish on an oven tray. Bake for 10 minutes or until bread is lightly toasted.
- Step 2Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add bacon and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for a further 5 minutes or until onion is soft.
- Step 3Spread half the bacon mixture over bread base. Pour eggwhites over bacon mixture. Crack whole eggs over mixture. Sprinkle with remaining bacon mixture and combined mozzarella and tasty cheeses. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 4Bake pie for 20 minutes or until eggs have set. Cut into 4. Serve with mixed steamed vegetables.
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Nadia French
- Image credit: Louise Lister
- Publication: Super Food Ideas