- 2 small Desiree potatoes, quartered
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 single chicken breast fillet, trimmed
- 1 slice Swiss cheese, quartered
- 2 bacon rashers, rind removed, halved lengthways
- 1 carrot, peeled, sliced, steamed
- 2 baby squash, quartered, steamed
- Step 1Preheat oven to 230°C. Line a baking dish with baking paper. Place potatoes in baking dish. Drizzle with 2 teaspoons oil. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat in oil. Roast for 20 minutes or until golden. Reduce oven to 200°C.
- Step 2Cut a pocket lengthwise through middle of chicken, making sure not to cut all the way through. Push cheese into pocket. Wrap bacon around chicken. Secure with toothpicks. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 3Heat remaining 1 teaspoon oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken for 1 to 2 minutes each side or until golden. Add chicken to potatoes. Roast both for 10 minutes.
- Step 4Serve chicken with potatoes and steamed carrot and squash.
- High fibre
- Low carb
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Alison Roberts
- Image credit: Louise Lister
- Publication: Super Food Ideas