- 85g dried rice vermicelli noodles
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 125g fresh baby corn, thinly sliced
- 1 long red chilli, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup self-raising flour
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- Sweet chilli sauce, to serve
- Sliced green onion, to serve
- Sliced red chilli, to serve
- Mixed salad leaves, to serve
- Step 1Place noodles in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 3 minutes or until softened. Drain. Cut into 2cm lengths.
- Step 2Combine onion, corn, chilli, soy sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil and flour in a bowl. Add eggs. Stir to combine. Stir in noodles.
- Step 3Heat peanut oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Using 1/4 cup mixture at a time, cook in batches, for 2 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Cover with foil to keep warm. Serve fritters with sweet chilli sauce, onion, chilli and salad leaves.
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
Make these fritters smaller in size and serve as canapes with drinks or an appetiser at dinner parties.
Storage tip: Fritters are great for lunch the next day. store in an airtight container in the fridge. To reheat, microwave on MEDIUM (50%) for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Author: Kirrily La Rosa
- Image credit: Jeremy Simons
- Publication: Super Food Ideas