- 100g dried wholemeal spiral pasta
- 300g can four bean mix, drained, rinsed
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 medium avocado, chopped
- 20g baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon balsamic dressing (see note)
- Step 1Cook pasta in a saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet directions, until just tender. Drain. Transfer to a large bowl. Set aside to cool.
- Step 2Add bean mix, tomato, avocado, spinach and dressing to pasta. Toss to combine. Serve.
Make your own dressing: place 1 tablespoon olive oil and 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar in a screwtop jar. Season with salt and pepper. Secure lid. Shake to combine.
Cooking class: Draining: Place a large sieve over a bowl or sink. Pour contents of four bean mix can into sieve. Lightly shake to drain. Rinse under cold running water. Lightly shake sieve again to drain beans.
- Author: Donna Boyle
- Image credit: Rob Palmer
- Publication: Super Food Ideas