Author Notes: This version of the classic chutney sandwich rocks. —Panfusine
Makes: 6 to 7 sandwiches
Avocado and Cucumber SandwichesPrint Recipe
- 1 large or 2 small ripe avocados
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 jalapeño, deseeded and finely minced
- 1 cup packed cilantro (just the leaves)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Salt to taste
- 1 loaf white sandwich bread, sliced
- Powdered cumin, toasted
- 1 English cucumber, sliced paper-thin
- Combine avocado, mint, cilantro, lime , jalapeño and salt in a food processor to make a smooth spread. Adjust for salt, then refrigerate until needed.
- Spread the avocado ‘butter’ on two slices of bread, then add a layer or two of the cucumber. Sprinkle with toasted cumin and cover with the second slice of bread. Cut off the crusts off, then slice into three rectangles. Serve with afternoon tea.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Avocados
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pub Food
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Avocados