- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Masterfoods Ground Cayenne Pepper
- 500g beef mince
- 400g can crushed tomatoes
- 10 jumbo taco shells
- 4 large iceberg lettuce leaves, shredded
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups grated tasty cheese
- Step 1Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced.
- Step 2Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until softened. Add cumin, coriander, paprika and cayenne pepper. Cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add mince. Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up mince, for 8 minutes or until browned. Add crushed tomato. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until sauce has thickened.
- Step 3Meanwhile, heat taco shells following packet directions. Divide beef mixture and salad tacos evenly between taco shells. Top with lettuce, chopped tomato and cheese. Serve.
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sodium
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
We heated our tortillas following the packet directions then sprayed with a little oil and cooked on a chargrill pan to give them extra colour and flavour.
You can use white corn or wholemeal tortillas instead of flour.
Nutritional information is per taco.
- Author: Emma Braz
- Image credit: Cath Muscat
- Publication: Super Food Ideas