- 320g dried spaghettoni pasta
- 60ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 55g (3/4 cup) fresh sourdough breadcrumbs
- 85g prosciutto slices, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 2 bunches asparagus, peeled into ribbons
- 40g (1/2 cup) finely grated parmesan
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Step 1Cook pasta in a saucepan of salted boiling water until al dente. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons of cooking liquid. Return the pasta and reserved liquid to the saucepan.
- Step 2Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Stir in breadcrumbs for 2-3 minutes or until golden and crisp. Season. Transfer to a bowl. Wipe pan clean with paper towel.
- Step 3Heat 1 tablespoon of the remaining oil over medium-high heat. Stir the prosciutto for 3 minutes or until golden and crisp. Stir in garlic and chilli flakes for 1 minute or until aromatic. Stir in the asparagus for 2 minutes or until tender crisp.
- Step 4Add the prosciutto mixture, parmesan, chives, parsley and remaining oil to pasta. Toss to combine. Divide among bowls. Top with breadcrumbs. Season with pepper.
- Low sugar
There’s not much you have to do with asparagus – quickly cook it until just tender to make the most of its flavour.
Top idea: To whip up a fast salad for a tasty side, toss blanched asparagus, orange segments, baby spinach and chopped avocado in a bowl. Dress with a mustard vinaigrette.
- Author: Katrina Woodman
- Image credit: Jeremy Simons
- Publication: Australian Good Taste